Tell us who you are
Primary Online's bespoke online teaching system accelerates learning to give Primary pupils THE edge
Proud to be different, Primary Online uses Planet BOFA to test, teach and retest pupils, tracking their progress and personalising each step, and boosting learning with a laser-focus on weaker areas. Marking is instant, explanations are clear, and no question is ever repeated.
Primary Online is a unique online learning platform, where every question comes as a triplet. An initial test is followed by bespoke teaching and practice, then a unique retest, which creates detailed subject reports to identify learning needs for each of your tutees.
In a pupil's Initial Test, they answer questions designed to test their current knowledge of a subject, across a range of topics. This is instantly marked, informing you as to how well the pupil has done.
Pupils then move on to the practice and explanation stage, being shown their incorrect answers, along with a bespoke explanation and teaching. This is followed by a similar practice question, which also comes with explanation and teaching if necessary.
After about a week, so that pupils are not just testing their short-term memory, they move on to the Retest, which uses the third question in the triplet to assess the individual's improvement. Errors made at this stage are placed into a personal report.
Primary Online then sends an email to the child's tutor, detailing how much progress has been made from the Initial Test to the Retest, and highlighting areas that pupils need to work on further. Included in this report are the questions that the pupil answered incorrectly, along with explanations and answers.
This makes it incredibly easy for private tutors to see what areas need work, allowing for the most effective use of the time they spend with the child. Tutors benefit from time saved marking and preparing for tuition sessions, and can use their valuable time to work on only the topics that really need extra work.
Many tutors use Primary Online as a homework. They will ask the pupil to complete a test (or more) over the week, and then will work on the topics they struggled with when they see them in the next session.
Primary Online saves time by only teaching topics that pupils need to learn, and showing you the learning needs that you can invest in during your time with the child.
This is what makes Primary Online so special: the attention to detail that allows us to nurture the potential in every child.
Someday, everyone will learn the BOFA way!
Children love using Primary Online, parents are thrilled with the results, and our concise, admin-free reporting system makes managing multiple students a breeze. Tutors receive outstanding discounts too. Just register as a tutor to check out your subscription cost on our Shop page.
Register now to take a free demo test and see how effortless Primary Online is to use.
The unique benefits of using Primary Online
- Access to an unbeatable learning tool that will propel your child to primary success.
- You’ll be in good company. Our retention rate for tutors is 97.6%. We have over 60,000 users on the database, with 4 million tests done and counting…
- Faster results. Marking and feedback is instant. So tutors quickly identify where children need the most help, and can zoom-in on their potential. We don’t waste time teaching topics they already know.
- We’re efficient, so you're more productive. With less workload per pupil, most tutors say they can teach more students.
- Printable progress reports at your fingertips. Containing the questions answered incorrectly, alongside the right answers and explanations, plus further practice questions organised into topics, you’ll be up-to-speed on areas that need attention at all times.
- Flexible, inclusive, automated teaching that fits around school and personal tutoring. Explanations are easy to digest. The 50 or 25 minute tests can be paused. And each answer will be marked and tracked whether it’s within the time limit or not. A child is guided through weaker areas until they’re ready to move on.
- Hassle-free account management. Manage all pupils and parents from one account, effortlessly transfer a subscription to a new student, export all test data in one click, and more. Plus our brilliant customer support team are on call to troubleshoot.
- Discover motivated pupils who are keen to learn. Confidence and scores sky-rocket as pupils enjoy the independence of managing their work, yet feel supported by Primary Online’s personalised approach. Students have fun customising the colours and text too.
- High-flyers are offered individual extension work to nurture their academic potential.