Tell us who you are
The Get-Started Guide
We’re here to save you time and facilitate independent learning.
What happens when you use the Primary Online Quick Start Tool?
1. Register an account using your email address.
2. Watch our short video explaining the formative learning platform .
3. Try out a demo test to experience the learning process.
4. View the reports for the demo tests you took.
5. Take out a subscription with us (or do this at a later date)!
6. Go full circle and return to the Get Started Guide, or just get learning…Try the quick start tool now!
This is how tutoring centres are using our cutting-edge learning system.
LESSON 1: CLASS
1. With their tutor, pupils log on to:
- Complete a short demo test across English or Maths
- Get a taste of all the stages of the Primary Online platform
2. Automatic marking returns:
- Simple explanations paired with any incorrect answers
- Tailored practice questions around these weaker areas, which the pupils complete
3. Pupils now take the bespoke ‘retest’ in the same subject:
- It has a laser focus on the areas already identified for development
4. Here is the instant report, presenting:
- Questions they didn’t get right, with answers and explanations, organised into topics
Good to know: The administrator, tutor and parent receive the instant report by email, with the score and time spent (unless they’ve been opted out of notifications).
LESSON 1: HOMEWORK
The first full-length test. Pupils complete only the initial part at home. The ensuing practice questions are done in the classroom during lesson 2.
LESSON 2 ONWARDS: CLASS
1. Tutors go through the tailored practice questions that have been produced from the full-length test done as homework.
2. They also go over the initial questions from that test that were answered incorrectly.
LESSON 2 ONWARDS: HOMEWORK
1. The retest from Lesson 2 (thereby finishing that test cycle).
2. A new full-length test, probably in a new subject. Pupils complete only the initial part at home. The ensuing practice questions are done in the classroom, where the tailored-practice-plus-bespoke retest cycle will begin again.
Good to know:
A report is emailed when each retest is complete. It signals the end of each individual test circuit.
Report data can be viewed individually or across a cohort, and exported in a click. It’s organised into topics to make a ‘pot of gold’ for tutors – a brilliant resource that enables super-efficient teaching of the weaker areas in class.>
Pupils are keen to do Primary Online homework because it’s fun. Direct them to wait 2-7 days before starting the retest or they’ll be demonstrating short-term memory rather than long term learning.